5/26/08

whidbey :: third installment

::warning:: WAY too many even more pictures.
a little history. Jeff and I came to WA on our honeymoon (we wanted to go somewhere we would probably never get a chance to go again, within financial reason. go figure.) While we were here we stayed on whidbey island for a few nights, and we went to restaurant there that I have been wanting to go back to. 
welcome to "the Braeburn."
my huckleberry sprite.
it went great with my tuna melt, and jeff's rootbeer bbq sandwhich.
when we were there, we signed the guest book. 
three years later, it's still there. 
I am totally lame but I thought that was so romantic, and got all goofy after that. 
here is the reason why.
just a view from the outside.
the shop on the other side is a rare book store. perfect right?
the view in langley, home of the Braeburn. 
then we rode home on the ferry. 
in the words of Pita "bye bye water!"

6 comments:

sarah said...

chelsea - you're killing me with these posts. why, oh why, do i live in the desert when i love water and green so much??? le sigh.

ps. i'm really happy for you and glad you get to explore such loveliness. forgive the jealousy.

The Weights said...

Its so beautiful there! Will you take me and Olivia exploring when we come visit? I'm thinking I need to decide ,like now, when we will come, how long and book flights. Does July 28th-31st sound good? When are you coming to AZ again?

angela hardison said...

absolutely beautiful.

"anacortes has a secret love" - did you know that phil elverum of the microphones {an old favorite band of mine} is from anacortes, wa? i've always wanted to visit there.

diana said...

that drink looks absolutely quenching!

i love that you took a picture of your signature in the guest book... cuteness.

Unknown said...

whidbey island! what a great place. the bed and breakfast we stayed in was in Langley. im definitely jealous.

Jessica said...

its amazing to me that a place like this actually exists. new life goal:
#85. go to whidbey island.