2/14/11

Saint Valentin






I like Valentine's Day. It's sweet. A nice day to do something romantic, give cheesy cards to your friends, make a few puns, or to give flowers to your momma. I don't mind a gentle nudge on the calendar to make sure I tell my dear-heart* how much I love him. Life is busy. Valentine's Day is a lot like scheduling date night to me. Make sure it gets scheduled so that we don't let too much time pass before we say/show/demonstrate our affection for one another. The sweetness doesn't have to be limited to one day a year, it's just somethin' extra. Plus, having two little girls, I am kinda lovin' the hearts, pinks, cards, reds... they love themes. 

My favorite thing this year was my card from Jeff. He had found some old mystery film, had it developed, and lo and behold there were a few snap shots of our first Valentine's day together at the end of the roll. He slipped the snap shots in my card, and between those and his sweet words... well let's just say he nailed it. 






*when I was a preteen dreaming of love, I used to wonder what term of endearment I would use for my future husband. I decided that dear-heart was the sweetest of names. I hardly use it, mostly in personal dreamy thoughts. But it still holds all those wishful hopes for me, like all my dreams came true. 

2 comments:

angela hardison said...

cute hearts. happy valentine's day. there's few things better than developing old mystery film - i just did that a few months ago and it was awesome/embarrassing.

kate said...

i love finding undeveloped film.