12/29/10

a lot just a little late

Dear Mother Nature,

I asked Santa for a white Christmas. If I couldn't be in the desert for the holiday, I might as well get the whole Northwest experience. I did not get a white Christmas, and to tell the truth I was a little miffed. But maybe I didn't get a white Christmas because I was asking the wrong person. I apologize for any offense, Mama N. Of course you would be the one to give me the snow. How silly of me. I appreciate you recovering from the slight, and being the bigger person and delivering me this... 




... just a few days late. What a lovely surprise! There is nothing like waking up to a grey and white, quiet wonderland. It still feels like magic for me. I know you sent this just for me because I read on a news site that our area got the most snow. I will spend the day watching the snow fall, and Pita trying to make snow angels. You shouldn't have, (but thank you)! 


Love, 

chels

2 comments:

angela hardison said...

are you kidding? beautiful. i'm so jealous of everyone getting snow... but, it did rain here all day!

j2nielsen said...

i left for wenatchee that day to visit my family and seriously it was like it only snowed around us...now i know who to blame! ;)