12/30/10

so long, two oh one oh




I have never been much of a goal setter. Let alone, a list of goals. Just thinking about it makes the anxiety ball in my chest constrict. But there are a few small changes I've been thinking about that I would like to implement, and if it just happens to coincide with the new year ... so be it. no pressure, Chels. 


some, but not all, include ::


:: appreciating/taking care of my things. 

I have been blessed to have many things. I feel, perhaps, it is a bit in bad taste, if not sinful, to abuse these things and take them for granted. I am committing to hanging up my clothes, cleaning my shoes when they get dirty, mending ripped or torn items, stain removing spills on the couch, being careful with my books, etc etc. 


:: better table manners.


I have horrid table manners. I am committing to pay attention to the sights, sounds and atmosphere that I create when I partake in food, glorious food. 


:: decorate our bedroom. 


our bedroom has become a collection of things that have no where else to go. actually, this is what it has always been wherever we have lived. It has never been put-together at all. The collection of unorganized knick-knacks and tangled jewelry (petra) bothers me daily. I am committing to having a room brings more peace than stress. 


:: :: ::


there is more, but this is the kind of easy-on-myself kind of goals I am feelin' this year. you get the gist. and hey, happy new year. 

No comments: