3/8/11

we need to talk.

i can't take a self-portrait without touching my face.


I have a confession. (I think I like the sun again.)


a few sunny days and I think I am ready to change my flirtation to a full-fledged relationship. I adore grey skies. they will always be my first love. but I am tired of all the laundry that comes with the layers, and how any time we step outside it takes fifteen minutes to find enough socks, shoes, jackets and mittens to guard us from the wet cold. I think I need to take a break from it all, explore the possibilities of this new relationship. I think it could be all sandals, and long weekends, and picnics. it would be good for the kids too, to see the outside world for a bit. 


I'm not saying it's for good. who knows what the future holds. and like I said, 


it's not you, it's me. 

3 comments:

j2nielsen said...

I love to read your blog Chelsea. Your writing skills and sense of humor make for a winning combination! My kids have been going stir crazy for the sun lately!

kate said...

while gray skies make for pretty photos and pretty light. i haven't seen the sun for a quite sometime. i think i'm ready to rekindle our reltionship.

The Watkins Family said...

I can already tell that I am going to love your blog and stalk you like there's no tomorrow...get ready! :)